MYC’s Kid’s Play will be starting at the Milford Youth Center a week from today!!! This is a children’s play group for parents/guardians to bring their kids to play, craft, and socialize! The groups will run everything Thursday morning from 9:30 am to 11:30 am starting Thursday May 4th. Each session will include activities like circle time, free play, crafts, snack, story time, and clean up! There is a requested donation of $5 per family per session, contributions will help the Center continue the groups. Come bring your child and meet other families in the community! For PDF of flier, click here.
We are accepting registrations for Teacher’s Driving Academy for the 2017 school year! The Milford Youth Center is pleased to partner with Teachers Driving Academy to offer students a great program, at a reasonable price, with added convenience of taking classes right at school! For more information, click here. Every registration fee is made out to “The Town of Milford- Milford Youth Center” as a donation from the TDA. Please mail form to the Youth Center address at 24 Pearl St. We are very grateful for this collaboration
The Milford Youth Center will continue to be open for adult open gym for the month of April! Open gym will be every Wednesday night from 9:00 – 10:30 PM. This is only open to adults (18+). All participants will be charged a $4 entry fee to participate each week. Depending on the turnout, we will consider continuing open gym for additional months. If you have any questions, please contact the MYC at 508-473-1756.
- April 4th & 6th
- April 11th & 13th
- April 18th & 20th
- April 25th & 27th
An information session and sign-ups will take place on Wednesday, April 26th at 6:30 pm at the Milford Youth Center. This is a mandatory meeting that all parents/guardians and participants must attend! TJ Maxx of Milford will be providing outfits for the show and BVT cosmetology and local businesses will be providing hair and makeup. At this meeting all participants will sign up for time slots to try on outfits and appointments for hair and makeup. Youth will also need a permission form and photo release, which will be done during the meeting. We hope to see you there. This event is always a ton of fun and a big success!
The JAG Youth Council decided that they wanted to participate in Milford’s Relay for Life on May 12th to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much.
Shout out to one of our Relay for Life participants, EarlWilson! He has already raised $160 for our team that will go to the American Cancer Society. Great job, Earl!!
- Milford Fire Department: for allowing us to come over with one of our After School members who aspires to become a fireman! Three Milford Firefighters sat down with our member to give him advice and allowed him to ask questions on the steps of becoming a firefighter as part of our new Career/College Guidance program.
- The Milford Highway Dept. for helping Youth Center staff picking up turf for our batting cages and also for helping us get our Heavy Bag Boxing Stand back into the building! Unfortunately after the renovation we were unable to get it back into the building. The Highway Department were able to remove the legs and then weld it back together for us!
- Consigli Construction Co. for inviting us to be a part of their volunteer showcase on March 24, 2017!
- BVT cosmetology shop for coming in to show the kids how to apply makeup the correct way. They had so much fun!
- Our amazing volunteers: John and Darlene Dulude, Diane Conino, Alison Caruso
The Youth Center relies on donations to hep sustain our programs! Please contact the Center if you would like to donate!