- Batting Cage Practice- The batting cages will be led by two of our newest staff members who are also members of the Milford Softball team. Madison Bonvino and Kelley Reichert will oversee youth who would like to use our batting cages. They will learn proper techniques and skills of the sport in a controlled, safe environment.
- Weight Room (14+): During Batting Cage practice, Youth ages 14 and older will be allowed to use our weight room.
- IMPROV- We are very excited to offer two IMPROV classes taught by Karen Kelly who is an actress from IMPROV Boston. The kids will be exposed to acting, fun games, and props, and get a chance to experience standup comedy. It is said that even if you don’t want to be an actor everyone should experience an IMPROV class once in their life as it helps you face your fears, think faster, increase confidence, take healthy risks, and problem solve.
Our regular/returning scheduled programs are:
Open Gym- Open gym is a non-structured program where youth are allowed free play and choice of activities in the gym as well as the rest of the youth center (lounge and game room).
- Homework Help- Homework help is at 3:00. We also have tutoring available for free. If you would like to take advantage of this service please email us to set up an appointment.
- Sewing- Sewing is led by the very knowledgeable Lisa White with helpers Christine Daddario, and Darlene Dulude. We have made pajama shorts, hats and scarves, friendship bracelets and lots of fun other stuff. Join us as soon as this class with Lisa will end after December.
- Career and College Advising- This class is led by our Program Coordinator, Christine Daddario. For youth ages 14 and up who would like to start working or need help applying to colleges. The majority of work focuses on resume building, job searching, college applications and how to fill out a FAFSA.
- Crafts- Crafts is also led by Christine Daddario, with help from volunteer Darlene Dulude. The class is all about fun and creativity, and a lot of experimenting from Pinterest. We use a lot of up-cycled materials so youth learn about re-using and the benefits is has on the environment. For the month of December we are focusing on holiday related crafts.
MYC Youth Council- The MYC Youth council is blowing up this year and we keep acquiring new members. There is still room to join the council if you are interested and join them for our Santa parade!!
- Nutrition- Led by Christine Daddario, who has a BS in Nutrition, with help from volunteer Darlene Dulude. The class will focus on making easy and fun recipes as well as tasting new foods. Youth will also be shown the importance of healthy eating through modeling and will be encouraged to make behavior changes through discussion and staff guidance.
- *Science Club- Led by Victoria Williams, the science club will be a place where youth can go to learn, talk, and experiment with all things science. From discussions to watching experiments, as well as making their own, the science club is a fun and exciting spot for any youth interested in science.
Yoga- Taught by Cindi Scrimgeour. For Cindi, yoga and mindfulness provide a source of strength and calm in her daily life. Cindi is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology, and teaches yoga for wellbeing. Cindi feels so sure about the benefits of yoga (both on and off the mat), that she became a RYT200 yoga instructor to share the benefits with others. Mindfulness & curiosity help to keep her and those she teaches, grounded in the present moment. Thank you again to Milford Regional Hospital for funding this program for us!
*Nail salon – The nail salon will be Holiday themed this month. Stop by to get your nails done by our talented Assistant Director, Katie Covell!
* Youth Center after school members are invited to meet at 3:15pm on Sunday, Dec. 3rd to be a part of our Emoji themed float for the Santa parade! Meet behind the Big Y (old Hannaford’s) and dress appropriately for the weather.**
*We will be open from 10:30 am-3 PM on the Half Day, December 8th)
* We will have limited programming the week of December 18th as we prepare for Holiday events.
* We will be open on the Holiday break (the 26th-29th) from 12-3 daily.